Thursday, February 17, 2011

Changes in Life...


Really...can we stop changes in life? hmmm...

After almost two years of not seeing my sons, finally I was able to be with them. I was so happy upon seeing them and my hubby at Narita Airport in Tokyo last February 12, 2011. It was a moment of joy, of excitement and a heart-warming experience to see my children after a couple of years. It was indeed an awesome feeling.

As I look at them, I can see that Gerald has grown bigger than his usual physical built...Gene's built has remained though. They are both looking good. I can see in their faces that they love being and working in Japan. Probably because of the pay they get, the technology, the food the weather and the clean and peaceful environment.

How time flies, indeed! Few years ago, both were jobless in the Philippines. Then, they would ask me money to buy something, ask me what food I prepared, and usually Gerald would just stay home playing his flute and his PSP, while Gene would love to spend his time with friends. Both were very dependent, not being able to sometimes make their own choices and decisions in life.

Changes are evident because now it's different. They are now working and earning their own money. Now they know their money's worth. Now they are more independent...they have to. Hmm...to work in other countries really requires one to be empowered.

As I watch them prepare for work everyday, I can't help but recall the days when they were still in their elementary days. I used to prepare things for them, give them money and help them in their school work. Now it's no longer that way. They are the ones giving me money now. I love this...haha. They now pay for the stuffs I get from the malls and pay for the food we eat.

As a mother, in my heart, this gives me joy. The thought that they already have a job. What is heart warming is, they are generous. I love their ways of sharing their blessings to our relatives and to others who are in need not only during Christmas but also at times when somebody needs financial help.

Truly, how time flies...and with the time are the CHANGES IN LIFE...

No comments: